Cedar wood , Advantages of Cedar wood & Disadvantages of Cedar wood
Cedar is a timber of high quality. It comes from several different trees known as cedars. Where both strength and appearance of the exposed wood beams are important, cedar is the only savior and perfect fit for this. It is used in for-landscape, park, garden structure. Its moderate strength and softness make it unique. Cedar offers the advantage of the natural advantage. Basically, it is a workable material.
Figure Source: ig-cerno_group
Advantages of Cedar
- It is weather resistant.
- Cedar gives a natural wood look.
- Cedar is light in weight.
- It works easily.
- It is dimensionally stable.
- Cedar has long-time durability.
- Cedar has exceptional resistance to insects and decay.
- It is smooth to the touch.
- It has a high quality of consistency.
- It exhibits fairly prominent growth.
- Cedar shows high resistance to warping and twisting.
- Cedar helps to reduce noise in specific areas.
- It is sustainable.
- It is used in-cladding, decking, roofing, fencing.
Disadvantages of Cedar
- Cedar dust may be irritant.
- Cedar has low strength.
- Cedar can cause splintering during some operations.
REFERENCE TAKEN FROM WWW.CIVILTODAY.COM
Leave a Reply