Building Plan Application Procedure in Haryana for new construction or renovation
Any person who intends to erect, re-erect or make alternation in any place in a building or demolish any building shall give notice in writing to the Competent Authority of his/ her intention in the Form BR-I, accompanied by the following documents:-
Building Plan Application Procedure in Haryana
- Ownership documents-lease deed/ sale deed or possession letter in the name of owner issued by the allotment authority or permission to use the land issued by Competent Authority;
- A site plan as required by Code 3.2;
- A building plan or plans along with an un-editable Compact Disc/ DVD or any other electronic medium permissible by the Competent Authority from time to time containing the drawings in “.DWG” format as required by Code 3.4;
- Details of specifications of the work to be executed in Form BR-II;
- Structural drawings (for record) as per Form BR-V(A1) or BR-V(A2);
- Fire safety design as required under National Building Code or under Haryana Fire Services Act, 2009, if applicable;
- Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning (H.V.A.C.) service plan wherever required;
- Certificate of conformity to regulation and structural safety for the relevant buildings (depending upon type and height) in the relevant Form BR-V(A1)or BR-V(A2);
- Public health services plan in un-editable compact Disc/ DVD or any other electronic medium, containing drawings in “.DWG” Format;
- Scrutiny fees (non–refundable) at the rate of ten rupees per square meter of the covered area achieved, shall be deposited in favor of Competent Authority through any prescribed payment mode.
Note: The applicant shall submit all kind of plans in electronic format on the online portal of Competent Authority. The Competent Authority shall convey objections/ observations or sanction/ refusal through online portal or prescribed mode.
2. Every person applying under Code 2.1
1. Shall appoint an Architect/ Engineer for drawing up of building plans/ structural drawings and for the supervision of erection or re-erection of the building. The supervision of erection or re-erection of residential or commercial building upto 15 metres height (G+3 floors) (including stilt)may be undertaken by the Architect or the Engineer. However, in case of buildings more than 15 metres height (including stilt), the supervision shall be undertaken by both the Architect and the Engineer. During construction if appointed Architect/ Engineer notices that violation (except compoundable) are going on he shall intimate the owner and advise him to stop further construction and remove the violation, will also intimate to the concerned authority.
3. Submission to Competent Authority
The applicant, the Architect and Engineer shall digitally sign the application, plans, structural drawings, specifications and the certificates as required in the relevant forms and documents, before making submission to Competent Authority.
4. In case the building application is returned
In case the building application is returned, it may be re-submitted within 60 days from the date of such return without fresh scrutiny fees. Such re-submission, however may not be allowed more than two times in 60 days from the date of first return.
Procedure for submitting application through self-certification
- [Any person intending to erect or re-erect building shall apply on Form BRSI along with documents stated in Code 2.1 to the Competent Authority for approval of building plans of buildings falling in low and moderate risk categories defined in Code 5.2(i) and 5.2(ii), under self-certification to the Competent Authority for intimation. The applicant may initiate construction immediately after submission of the application and documents.
- Certificate of conformity to regulation and structural safety for the relevant buildings (depending upon type and height) in the relevant Form BRS-II.
- Competent Authority or any other person authorized by him reserves the right to check the building plans and construction at any stage and violations (except compoundable ones), if found shall have to be rectified by the owner/ applicant. In case the owner/ applicant fail to rectify violations, the Competent Authority may take necessary steps to remove the violations. Action shall also be taken against the defaulting Architect by referring his case to the Council of Architecture of misconduct and debarring/ blacklisting the Architect from doing practice in State Government Departments/ Authorities. All rectifications shall be at the risk and cost of the owner and no plea of the owner shall be entertained for any default committed by the Architect engaged by him. In all such cases the procedure of self-certification shall stand aborted.
- If a building is erected or re-erected or construction work is commenced in contravention to any of the building regulations, the Competent Authority or any other person authorized by him shall be competent to require the building to be altered or demolished, by a written notice delivered to the owner. Such notice shall also specify the period during which such alteration or demolition has to be completed and if the notice is not complied with, the Competent Authority or any other person authorized by him may demolish the said building at the expense of the owner.
- The decision of Competent Authority, in case of any dispute shall be final and binding on all concerned.
- At any stage during construction, if an Architect notices that violations (except sanctionable ones) are taking place, he shall intimate to the concerned authority of such violations and stop further supervision. He/ She shall also intimate the allotted about the violations and advise him to stop further construction. Complete details along with photographs shall be submitted to the concerned authority. The Competent Authority shall immediately issue a notice to the owner on the basis of the Architect’s certificate to suspend further work and rectify violations. In such cases the owner shall be held responsible for further additions in violations. Such a situation shall automatically annul the process of self certification and the owner may, after removal of violations, engage an Architect for preparing the revised drawings. In such cases completion shall be given only after scrutiny of revised drawings and inspection of site.
- Sanctionable changes will be permitted to be finished, gave that toward the fruition stage all changes are consolidated by the Planner in the consummation drawings to be presented by the proprietor to the Skillful Power. While looking for occupation testament, the Designer will give a declaration that all changes done are according to Code and strategies of the Public authority occasionally.
- In the wake of submitting of utilization or during the development of building if the Proprietor/Draftsman/Primary Architect are transformed, he will hint the Capable Authority by email or web based building plan endorsement framework that he is presently not answerable for the task from the date of real dispatch of the letter. The data should be sent in something like seven days of event of the change to the Equipped Power by the separate proprietor/Designer/Architect. The development work will must be suspended until the new proprietor/Designer/Underlying Architect, as case might be, embraces the full liability of the undertaking vide structures and archives submitted at the hour of applying for erection/re-erection of the structure in something like seven days of his dominating. Proprietor’s insinuation in regards to change of name of experts will be viewed as last by the Skilled Power or some other individual approved by him.
Online receipt and endorsement.
All capabilities performed under this building regulation be performed through electronic structure. Without bias to the consensus of Code 2.3(1) over, the capabilities will incorporate all or any of the followings:-
- Receipt or affirmation of utilizations and installments.
- Issue of endorsements, orders or headings.
- Investigation, enquiry or correspondence for endorsement of building plans or award of occupation testaments, and so on.
- Recording of archives.
- Issue of notification for recuperations.
- Upkeep of registers and records.
- Whatever other capability that the Able Authority might consider fit out in the open interest.
Arrangement of building plans by Government Divisions
The Public authority Divisions will set up the structure plans of all Administration structures adjusting to this construction regulation and will  issue a testament determining that the arrangements of this construction standard have been continued in all regards. Such plans will be shipped off the Skilled Power, for data and record before initiation of erection or re-erection of the structure.
Constitution of advisory groups
The Able Authority will comprise boards for;
- Readiness of drafting plans.
- Endorsement of building plans;
- Sythesis of infringement of building plans;
- Award of Occupation Authentication;
- Some other Advisory group with such powers and works, as may consider legitimate.
Single Joint Examination
- The Skillful Authority will lead single joint review by comprising a group of authorities/officials including officials/authorities of other Government Divisions (for their particular administrations) of the site/structures, any place expected, in following stages:
(ii) During Development.
(iii) Post Development.
- The Able Authority will guarantee that a similar controller will not review a similar site/working in sequential stages.
- The examination group will lead review of website/expanding on a day determined by the Able Expert in the request gave according to Code 2.6(1) and submit/transfer (on the web) single assessment report in no less than 48 hours to Equipped Power.
- The able authority might allude standard report design for single Joint Examination at Annexure-“C” or, more than likely may draft its own arrangement.
Submission of affidavit
The skillful authority at any stage for example endorsement of building plan, DPC level and award of occupation testament, if expects, case to case premise, may request a sworn statement from the candidate, according to standard configuration given at Annexure-B.
Our other social links
other blogs and works