Fir wood , Advantages of Fir wood & Disadvantages of Fir wood
Fir is one of the world’s best-known timber species. It is a premier building product for a wide range of applications. It is a softwood species. Fir has a very straight grain. Fir has become the standard woods of choice for timber framing. Fir timber is used tin-housing, framing, flooring, lining fascias, bargeboards, and pergolas.
Advantages of Fir
- Fir timber ranges in color.
- Fir machines and turns well.
- Fir is moderately durable.
- It is permeable.
- It Is moderately resistant to decay.
- Fir timber has a low shock resistance.
- It has a good strength.
- Fir can be satisfactorily bonded using the standard procedure.
Disadvantages of Fir
- Fir timber lacks tensile strength.
- It is extremely difficult to treat.
- Fir timber is very stiff.
Leave a Reply