VASTU FOR GARDEN TIPS:-
Garden Vastu remains one of the most overlooked sections.
While making a home, most people are focused on Vastu for rooms and other parts and pay very little attention to the garden area.
But this in no way means that garden Vastu is dead.
There’re some intelligent people (like you) who understand (or want to understand) its importance and wish to implement Vastu shastra to their gardens too!
So, on that note, let’s begin learning what Vastu shastra says about placing (or locating) a garden in a home.
Again, as with everything else in Vastu shastra, there’re rules and regulations that you need to follow if you’re planning to have a home garden.
Just before we begin, I want to tell you that the amount of information on garden Vastu can become overwhelming; that’s the reason why I’ve divided the article in 2 sections.
The first section is the direction-wise do’s and don’ts of garden Vastu and the second section reveals general garden Vastu tips.
With this in mind, move forward to the first section of the article i.e. direction-wise do’s and don’ts of garden Vastu.
Here’s an image that I’ve made for east of understanding garden Vastu.
Have a look at it!
Best Arrangement of a Home Garden As Per Vastu Shastra
What To Follow
- As per Vastu Try to locate the garden towards North.
- As per Vastu A Basil (Tulsi) plant in North is good garden Vastu.
- As per Vastu Smaller shrubs and plants (no cacti and thorny ones except rose)
- As per Vastu Swings can be located here.
- As per Vastu A water fountain here helps attract wealth (make sure that the water flows towards the home).
- As per Vastu An open sitting area in North is very good.
- As per Vastu Keeping flower pots here (only on the ground) is auspicious.
What to Avoid
- As per Vastu Avoid huge trees.
- As per Vastu No clutter
- As per Vastu No heavy scriptures, rock garden etc.
General Garden Vastu – What to Follow (7 Tips)
- Always have a healthy Basil (Tulsi) plant within house limits.
- Planting Jasmine on either side of pathway is considered auspicious.
- Creepers should be grown in the garden only.
- Every creeper should have its own support system.
- Always keep the garden clean.
- Make sure all the plants are healthy & well maintained.
- The garden must be peaceful and tranquil.
- Place water pot for thirsty birds (it’s good karma!)
General Garden Vastu – What To Avoid (10 Tips)
- Avoid thorny plants (such as cactus); they bring tensions and weaken relationships.
- Avoid bonsai plants (they depict stunted growth).
- No Ber and Bamboo plants within house limits.
- Dead leaves, dead plants etc. are strict no.
- Avoid artworks depicting negative emotions such as war, crying girl, loneliness etc.
- No creepers inside the house.
- The compound wall shouldn’t be support of creepers.
- No flower pots on compound wall.
- The plants in the pots mustn’t be more than 3-4 feet tall.
- Milk bearing trees or plants are a strict no.
So those were a lot of garden vastu tips; but that’s not all.
I must also tell you that not all plants and trees are equally auspicious; hence you need to pay special attention to what plants you’re sowing in your home garden.
Now, in order to help you with that, I’ve made a small table (that you can see below).
This table shows the plants and trees that are considered auspicious as per garden vastu shastra.
Here’s a list of auspicious plants you can grow in your garden as per vastu.