VASTU FOR MAIN ENTRANCE DOOR:-
Vastu Shastra has great importance for the entrance door in a home, as this is the place from where energies, either positive or negative, enter and exit a house.
Having said this, it is obvious that if more negative energies are entering a home from the main door then people in the house will not prosper.
On the other hand if more positive energy is entering a home then the residents will prosper.Now, let’s continue our discussion on main entrance vastu; the most important part regarding entrance door of a home is direction, hence before looking at other vastu tips for main door, I want you to have a look at auspicious directions for entrance in a house.
Main or Entrance Door Vastu – Effect of Directions
North:- If you want to locate the entrance door in North wall of a home, then make sure the door is in North-East section of North wall.
The reason for this is to allow morning sun (UV Rays for purification), fresh light and air to enter the home from East.
Also keep the door towards center of wall (not exactly at center) and locate a window near North-East corner.
South:- If you want to locate entrance of a home in South wall, then locating the door towards South-East is auspicious; avoid having the door at center or South-West portion of wall.
For all houses having main door in South direction, it’s must to have another door in North direction also.
East:- To locate main entrance door in East wall, vastu suggests keeping it in North-East part.
West:- North-West half of West wall is more suitable for main entrance as per vastu.
The below diagram helps you identify best locations for entrance door for a house as per vastu shastra.
Having located directions for main entrance as per vastu shastra, let’s have a look at more vastu tips for main door.
Vastu Tips for Main or Entrance Door: What to Do
- As per Vastu Make the main door of a home the largest door.
- As per Vastu A two shuttered main door opening inside and clockwise is auspicious.
- As per Vastu Use very good quality wood for main entrance.
- As per Vastu Make sure that main door is noise free while opening or closing.
- As per Vastu Always keep entrance door well lit with bright lights.
- As per Vastu Make sure to have a beautiful name plate on entrance of a home; this attracts prosperity, wealth and happiness.
- As per Vastu Have a threshold at main door; it makes sure that you avoid loss of wealth.
- As per Vastu Always have some beautiful design and paint on main door. In other words avoid keeping main door dull and drab.
- As per Vastu Make the main door a bit higher than ground level and keep number of steps odd.
- As per Vastu Main door must be above ground level and not below in any case.
- As per Vastu Best option is to have two main doors in a home, one for entry and another for exit having two and one shutters respectively.
- As per Vastu Make exit door smaller than entrance one.
- As per Vastu Locate entrance at least a feet away from any corner.
- As per Vastu Immediately replace cracked or aged doors to avoid tough time and loss of respect.
- As per Vastu Make sure that total number of door and windows in a house are even (e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.) and not end with 0 (such as, 10, 20, 30 etc.
Vastu Tips for Main or Entrance Door: What to Avoid
Avoid slanting, sliding or circular opening entrances.
- As per Vastu Avoid having main door facing directly to another home’s main entrance.
- As per Vastu Avoid main door directly facing a compound wall.
- As per Vastu Avoid any shadows on main door especially shadows of other buildings, plants etc.
- As per Vastu Don’t keep shoes in front of main entrance, keep them at a side.
- As per Vastu Don’t keep garbage or dustbin near main entrance as they emit negative energy.
- As per Vastu Avoid automatic closing main doors.
- As per Vastu Avoid main entrance facing intersecting roads.
- As per Vastu Avoid main door at center of any wall.
- As per Vastu Avoid black color for main door.
- As per Vastu Avoid temples or any other religious place directly in-front of main entrance.
- As per Vastu Avoid obstructing things like poles, trees, wires etc, in front of main entrance.
- As per Vastu Avoid arched windows and doors as they distort positive energy pattern.
I sincerely hope that you will follow these vastu tips for entrance and main door and make your home entrance a very auspicious one.